Care For Cows
by Kurma Rupa Das
click on following link to read or save the Care for Cows Newsletter; Care for Cows NewsJanuary2015
The articles in this issue are:
1. A brief explanation of the Govardhana Puja and Gopastami Festivals with many photos showing the joyous celebrations at our facility in Kiki Nagla.
2. A reprint of a newspaper article describing a historic decision made by the Maharastra High Court regarding their prohibition of the slaughter of 12,000 bulls. Interestingly enough the plea to the court was submitted by a national Muslim society.
3. A report by Gopa Kumar Dasa, an Ayurvedic practitioner, on how cow dung (gobar) and turmeric smoke relieves cough and other bronchial maladies.
4. Care for Cows is experimenting with a new identification tag system.
5. A transcription of a lecture on cow protection delivered by Sri Rajendra Dasa Ji Maharaja, Mahant of the Sri Malook Peeth, Vrindavan.
6. A report on four new calves born at CFC.
7. A report on two new admissions who have joined our recuperation program.
Thanks for your participation and support. I hope this finds you experiencing the happiness and inner satisfaction that accompanies cow protection. Jaya Sri Gopal!
Your friend and servant,
Kurma Rupa dasa
May cows stay in front of me; may cows stay behind me; may cows stay on both sides of me. May I always reside in the midst of cows.
Hari Bhakti-vilas 16.252
Text for this post was pasted from Sampradaya Sun